Positive Birth Movement – Poole & Bournemouth
The Positive Birth Movement is a grass roots movement, spreading positivity about childbirth via a global network of Positive Birth groups, linked up by social media. We believe that every woman deserves a positive birth.
- We think a positive birth means:
– Women are where they want to be
– Choices are informed by reality not fear
– Women are listened to and treated with respect and dignity
– Mothers are empowered and enriched
– Memories are warm and proud
– Our movement exists because, at a global level, many women are not currently having a positive birth.
– We hold the birth experience to be of fundamental importance, to mothers, to fathers, to babies, to families and to society.
– We wish to change birth for the better.
We aim to:
– Challenge the culture of negativity and fear that exists around birth
– Share positive birth experiences
– Share information about choices and rights in childbirth
– Encourage women to raise their expectations of childbirth
We will do this by:
– Establishing a network of positive birth groups
– Linking all groups together via social media to build a global network of shared expertise, power and positivity.
– Working together to challenge the culture of fear that surrounds birth.
– Empowering women to approach birth differently.
We meet up monthly to discuss different topics, provide support and open, positive discussion around childbirth experiences. For our upcoming meetings and topics, please see our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PBMPoole/ or follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/pbmpoole/